Allyson Dirksen’s diverse practice primarily concentrates on employment law, healthcare law, municipal law, school law, and agricultural law matters.
In the employment law arena, Allyson regularly advises employers on compliance issues arising under local, state, and federal laws; drafts employment policies and handbooks; and represents employers in administrative and court proceedings. Allyson has experience representing clients in matters involving discrimination claims, wrongful termination, collective bargaining, FMLA, unemployment appeals, civil rights, wage and hour, OSHA, drug testing, compensation/severance agreements, professional licensure, disciplinary actions, and the Affordable Care Act.
Allyson’s healthcare law practice includes representing physician practices, federally qualified health centers, individual providers and other healthcare professionals in areas involving compliance, contracting, corporate and transactional law and medical staff issues. Allyson advises clients on HIPAA and other patient confidentiality laws, AKS, Stark, False Claims Act, and professional conduct rules and licensure standards.
Allyson’s background and education are rooted in agriculture and she continues to be involved in the agricultural industry. Allyson and her husband farm near Danbury, Iowa, where they raise feeder cattle, corn, and soybeans. With this knowledge, Allyson helps agricultural businesses, farm families, and producers face legal issues unique to agriculture and the environment.
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- South Dakota State Bar Association
- Woodbury County Bar Association, Executive Board 2020-Present
- American Health Law Association
- Iowa Municipal Attorneys Association
- Iowa Legal Aid/Woodbury County Bar Association Annual CLE, “Employment Law Update”, October 2021
- Morningside University Agricultural Externship Class Presentation, “Ethical Decision Making in Agriculture”, October 2021
- Center for Ag Law and Taxation Ag Law Seminar, “Employment Law Issues Affecting Iowa Agriculture”, September 2021
- NBI, Ag Law Regulatory Update, June 2017
- Siouxland SHRM Presentation, “Fair Labor Standards Update: Exempt vs. Non-Exempt and New Salary Requirements & Other Employment Law Updates”, October 2016
- “United States v. Cundiff: Sixth Circuit Decision Makes; Rapanos v. United States Controversy (Navigable) Water Under A Bridge”, 43 Creighton L. Rev. 233 (2009)
- “Environmental Law For Iowa Livestock Producers”, LibGuide at Creighton University Klutznick Law Library
- South Dakota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, Nebraska
- Creighton University, Juris Doctor 2011
- Iowa State University, Bachelor of Science 2008
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Danbury, Iowa
- Siouxland Agriculture in the Classroom
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Siouxland – Former Board Member
- Woodbury County Farm Bureau – Former Board Member