Guardianship / Conservatorship Expertise
When you are facing the worst, I am there to hold your hand, walk with you through the storm, and keep your family and property intact. Whether you are considering a divorce, are trying to establish paternity, seeking parenting time, needing child support established, considering a step-parent adoption, needing a guardianship or conservatorship established or contemplating modifying prior custody orders, I and my team provide a comprehensive approach. I utilize my specialized training in collaborative divorce, high-conflict resolution and mediation, to bring calm and clarity to any matter you are facing.
I understand how scary the unknown can be. I know that I cannot spare you the pain you go through when dealing with divorce or custody matters, but through listening and compassion, I put you at ease handling the legal matters so you can focus on yourself and your families.
I also know the emotional and financial distress the breakup of a family can cause and because of this I go to great lengths to develop creative solutions in lieu of trials. However, when all efforts have been exhausted and trial is necessary it is essential to have an attorney who knows the law and is comfortable being the courtroom. As a trial attorney with over 20 years of experience, I have developed valuable courtroom skills that are put to use in helping you present your story efficiently and effectively. No one will work harder or be more prepared in the courtroom than me. I will support you through the storm and be with you every step of the way until the end.
I have a real passion for helping others. And when not doing so as a lawyer, I cherish my time with family, enjoy working out, love coaching youth volleyball and am blessed to volunteer with nonprofits.
- Alternative Dispute/Mediation
- Family Law
- Guardianship / Conservatorship
- Parent Coordinator
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Indian Child Welfare Act and Tribal Law
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa
- Winnebago Tribal Court
- Omaha Tribal Court
- Creighton University, Juris Doctor 2001
- Briar Cliff College, Bachelor of Arts 1998
- Diocese of Sioux City – Bishop’s Scholarship Committee 2015 — present
- Iowa Women Lead Change – Steering Committee 2014 — 2018
- Youth Volleyball Coach 2012 — present
- Bishop Heelan Catholic Schools – Governance Board 2017 — present
- Briar Cliff University – Board of Trustees 2012 — February 2017
- Briar Cliff University – Executive Committee 2014 — 2016
- Briar Cliff University – Finance Committee Chair 2014 — 2016
- Native American Advisory Committee – Founding Member 2010 — 2013
- Briar Cliff University – Sister Muriel Ford Circle of Mentors 2006 — 2012
- Tribal/State Court Collaboration – Committee on Children in the Courts Subcommittee 2011 — 2012
- Bishop Heelan Catholic School – Strategic Planning Committee, Chair 2011 — 2012
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Siouxland – Board President 2007 — 2009; Board Member 2006 — 2011
- Briar Cliff University – Alumni Board 2004 — 2011
- Hope Street – Executive Board 2021 — Current
- Heelan Youth Athletics – Board and Chair Volleyball 2021 — Current