Joel Vos’ practice includes a variety of different fields of law. Joel maintains a business practice which includes organizing new business entities and advising existing businesses. He advises clients in reviewing contracts, leases, and real property transactions. Joel develops estate plans for clients and has experience administering trusts and probating estates.
Joel also has an active appellate practice, briefing cases on appeal and arguing cases in front of the appellate courts. His appellate practice has included multiple oral arguments before the Iowa and South Dakota Supreme Courts and the Iowa Court of Appeals.
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa Supreme Court Client Security Commission – Office of Professional Responsibility
- South Dakota State Bar Association
- Woodbury County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Greater Siouxland
- South Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Iowa, Juris Doctor 2002
- Dordt College, Bachelor of Arts 1999
- Friendship Community Church – Praise and Worship Team Leader
- Sioux City Municipal Band – Member