Lance Ehmcke’s general practice includes transactional matters and related dispute resolution. He advises clients in the areas of agricultural law, corporate formation and business transactions, estate planning, real estate, tax issues, and probate law. Lance is a family farm operator with his brother near Cleghorn, Iowa.
Lance served as an attorney Law Clerk for The Honorable Ronald E. Longstaff in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa.
Earlier, Lance served as a U.S. Navy Supply Corps Officer. He is a Vietnam veteran. Lance retired as a Captain in the Naval Reserve in 2002.
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association, Ag-Law Section – Chair 2005 – 2009
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation – Fellow, Class of 1994
- Dakota County Bar Association – President 1991 – 1993
- Iowa Supreme Court Client Security Commission – Member 2008 – 2014
- Author – Note, 29 Drake L. Rev. 113
- Iowa Farm Environmental Leader Award 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Drake University, Juris Doctor 1980
- Iowa State University, Bachelor of Science 1972
- Siouxland Chamber of Commerce – former Director, Executive Board 1997 – 1998
- West Iowa Banc Corp – Director
- Siouxland Estate Planning Council – President 2007 – 2008
- St. Luke’s Health Foundation of Sioux City, Iowa – former Director, Chairman 2004 – 2007
- Siouxland Mental Health, Inc. – former Director, President 2012
- Siouxland Community Foundation – former Director
- Grace United Methodist Church in Morningside – Member
- Iowa Temporary Redistricting Advisory Commission – Member 2001 and 2011