Administration and Staff
Thank you for your interest in employment at Heidman Law Firm and Whorley Heidman Law Firm. We take pride in our heritage and continued commitment to excellence in legal service. Our cumulative history and dedication to upholding the ethics and integrity of the legal profession make Heidman Law Firm and Whorley Heidman Law Firm a rewarding place to work.
POSITION: Legal Administrative Assistant
Reports directly to Firm Administrator and is responsible for:
- Provide general legal secretarial support to assigned attorney(s), including, but not limited to, transcription and other document preparation in Word, proofreading, copying, scanning, faxing, mailing/shipping, filing, and telephone support.
- Maintain attorney’s calendar.
- Ongoing maintenance of case lists
- Open, sort, scan, and deliver mail.
- Serve as notary public
- Schedule conference rooms for attorneys’ meetings with receptionist. Set up beverages and food as required. Clean conference room after meetings.
- Ensure that attorney(s) have necessary office supplies.
- Back up other secretaries when needed.
- Back up reception desk when needed.
- Provide new file information and file information updates to ensure file opening and proper conflicts checks.
- Organize and close out files. Assist in transfer of files to storage. Assist in document disposal.
- Work with accounting personnel as needed.
- Communicate regularly with coworkers using Outlook email.
- Comply with firm policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Respond in a courteous and helpful manner to all client and firm concerns.
- Protect confidential information at all times. Adherence to attorney code of ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by attorneys or firm administrator.
- AA Degree preferred, or relative experience required
Physical Requirements (essential functions):
- Ability to consistently sit, reach, grasp and pinch in relationship to tasks associated with clerical duties and answering the phones.
- Ability to consistently do intense visual work with a high level of concentration when proofreading and filing documents, and other detail-oriented tasks.
- Ability to consistently communicate effectively when relying messages and interacting with clients, attorneys and coworkers.
- Ability to frequently deliver documents, files, mail, messages, etc. to appropriate attorney(s), and departments.
- Ability to occasionally transport materials weighing up to fifty (50) pounds throughout the building.
- Ability to occasionally travel to required locations throughout the city.
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the firm. Nothing stated in this job description implies or creates a contract between the firm and an employee. All employment with the firm is at will and subject to the firm’s then-current policy.