Administration and Staff
Please continue to visit our site for job postings that may relate to your experience and talents. Two positions are open now: Legal Secretary and Paralegal. Please see details below. Qualified applicants should email a letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Reports directly to Firm Administrator and is responsible for:
- Provide general legal secretarial support to assigned attorney(s), including, but not limited to, transcription and other document preparation in Word, proofreading, copying, scanning, faxing, mailing/shipping, filing, and telephone support.
- Maintain attorney’s calendar.
- Ongoing maintenance of case lists
- Open, sort, scan, and deliver mail.
- Serve as notary public
- Schedule conference rooms for attorneys’ meetings with receptionist. Set up beverages and food as required. Clean conference room after meetings.
- Ensure that attorney(s) have necessary office supplies.
- Back up other secretaries when needed.
- Back up reception desk when needed.
- Provide new file information and file information updates to ensure file opening and proper conflicts checks.
- Organize and close out files. Assist in transfer of files to storage. Assist in document disposal.
- Work with accounting personnel as needed.
- Communicate regularly with coworkers using Outlook email.
- Comply with firm policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Respond in a courteous and helpful manner to all client and firm concerns.
- Protect confidential information at all times. Adherence to attorney code of ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by attorneys or firm administrator.
- AA Degree preferred, or relative experience required
Paralegal - Sioux City
Reports to assigned Partner and Firm Administrator. Under attorney supervision, are responsible for Paralegal support including, but not limited to the following:
- Preparation, assembly, reproduction, filing, mailing, and delivery of legal documents and exhibits.
- Drafting of routine correspondence and legal documents
- Summary of legal documents and records
- Scheduling of interviews and meetings as required and conduct interviews.
- Ongoing maintenance and thorough knowledge of client files and sub-files.
- Ongoing maintenance of client contacts and information.
- Ongoing docketing, monitoring, and notice to attorney of deadlines and statues of limitations.
- Ongoing maintenance of case lists.
- Discovery response; continuous follow up on all discovery and request matters.
- Legal research, research of facts, Internet research.
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment in work to be performed.
- Serve as notary public.
- Requests for records and other documents; service of records.
- Publication of legal notices
- Assistance to attorneys in organization and preparation for all aspects of legal process, including court appearances, hearings, and depositions.
- Attendance at document executions, hearings, and trials as required.
- Assistance to fellow paralegals as needs and workloads dictate.
- Assistance to legal secretaries, administrative assistant, bookkeeper, etc. as required to meet deadlines and satisfy client and attorney needs.
- Assistance in training associates, paralegals, secretaries.
- Completion and submission of billable time on a daily or weekly basis.
- Regular communication with coworkers using Outlook email.
- Attendance at staff meetings.
- Protection of confidential information at all times. Adherence to attorney code of ethics.
- Maintenance of a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Respond in a courteous and helpful manner to all client and firm concerns.
- Performance of other duties as assigned by attorneys or Firm Administrator.
- 4-year college degree; or
- Paralegal certificate; or
- Equivalent work experience with at least 4 years of experience
- Note: this also meets the South Dakota guidelines