Administration and Staff
Thank you for your interest in employment at Heidman Law Firm and Whorley Heidman Law Firm. We take pride in our heritage and continued commitment to excellence in legal service. Our cumulative history and dedication to upholding the ethics and integrity of the legal profession make Heidman Law Firm and Whorley Heidman Law Firm a rewarding place to work.
Reports directly to the Firm Administrator and is responsible for:
- Prompt and courteous greeting of clients, including handing up coats and offering beverages. Prompt notice to appropriate person of client’s arrival.
- Accept in person payments and deliveries.
- Answer phone within three (3) rings. Transfer as appropriate or take message. Handle all calls courteously and professionally.
- Keep track of whereabouts of attorneys, firm administrator, paralegals.
- Schedule conference rooms.
- Keep lobby and conference rooms neat at all times.
- Open and sort delivered mail.
- Open files: enter data into Perfect Law, print labels, prepare file folders, perform conflicts checks. Advise attorney(s) of any conflicts immediately. Forward new file information to accounting personnel.
- Input tickle information for paralegals.
- Maintain accurate and current receptionist procedure manual on Word.
- Maintain accurate and current in-house telephone list on Word.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Respond in a courteous and helpful manner to all client and firm concerns.
- Protect confidential information at all times. Adherence to attorney code of ethics.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the firm administrator or attorneys.
- Initiate the Daily Report to everyone by email.
- Maintain check log.
- Code all bills with general ledger account numbers and forward to Bookkeeper for payment.
- Initiate and maintain the firm’s phone directory.
- Maintain the Attorney Profiles for updates and continued accuracy.
- AA Degree in secretarial sciences (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent computer and typing skills
- Previous experience preferred
Physical Requirements (essential functions):
- Ability to consistently sit, reach, grasp and pinch in relationship to tasks associated to welcoming guests/clients and answering the phones.
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the firm. Nothing stated in this job description implies or creates a contract between the firm and an employee. All employment with the firm is at will and subject to the firm’s then-current policy.