Heidman Law Firm
 Make a Payment

Blog: Affordable Care Act Tax Material Needed By Your Tax Preparer

December 9, 2014

News Item Image

Before you start working on your 2014 taxes or take your material to your tax preparer, keep in mind that you will needs lots of information about your 2014 healthcare policy.  You will need your insurance card and/or documentation from your insurance company, a list of everyone who is on the policy, and when they were on the policy, dates of birth, social security numbers, a list of any months in which any of you didn’t have insurance, any potential exemption or exception that would indicate why you did not have insurance, and whether or not you are getting a premium tax credit from your health insurance coverage.  You might receive a Form 1095-A if you obtained coverage through the Marketplace.  Help out your tax preparer and gather all this information before you have your tax meeting.  They will be impressed.

This blog post is authored by Dan Dykstra and meant for informational purposes only.  It is not meant to provide legal advice in any particular circumstance or factual situation.  You should consult with an attorney prior to taking any action regarding the information contained herein.

« Back

Copyright © 2021 Heidman Law Firm, PLLC. Whorley Heidman Law Firm PLLC. All Rights Reserved.